- This event has passed.
The Next Level in Corporate Governance Practice
September 19 @ 8:00 am - September 20 @ 5:00 pm| N300,000
Varied expectations from investors, seemingly increasing regulatory demands, as well as the need for improved awareness of environmental and social risks have made the responsibilities of corporate boards, more challenging. Investors are increasingly demanding for improved accountability, transparency and sustained performance. Globally, corporate leaders must comply with applicable regulations in promoting sustainable practices, as well as align their strategies in the right direction, to enhance competitiveness. Given the emerging operating environment and Directors’ personal accountability for their roles, it is pertinent that Corporate Boards perform their onerous oversight functions effectively and deliver superior performance to investors, regulators and other stakeholders, on a sustainable and balanced basis.
To enhance the effectiveness of Boards, the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) and FITC are organizing the 2017 edition of the domestic Continuous Education Programme (CEP) for Directors of banks and other financial institutions. This edition of the programme, being the 12th in collaboration with the CBN and FITC’s 33rd edition from 1985, has been designed to bring stakeholders together, to discuss salient and practical issues with regards to board effectiveness, as well as stimulate ideas on other critical issues necessary for sustainable value creation by Boards.
Chairmen, Managing Directors, Executive and Non-Executive Directors of banks and other financial institutions in Nigeria, as well as those being prepared for these roles in the near term.
The objectives of the sessions are to enable participants:
- Benchmark frameworks for corporate governance practice implementation
- Have an enhanced insight into investors’ expectations from Corporate Boards
- Gain deeper insights to emerging broader context of the global business environment and regulatory issues for board effectiveness
- Discuss parameters for effective board performance for sustainable alignment to various stakeholders’ expectations
- Understand the role of directors in institutionalizing environmental and social risk management
- High quality networking and perspectives exchange
- Examine emerging Strategic and Initial KPIs for the Boards of Financial Institutions
- The King IV Report Experience: Development, Context and Advocacy
- Environmental and Social Risk in Governance
- Emerging KPIs for Boards of Banks and Financial Institutions: The Sustainability Factor
For more information, please call Dr. Adeola Agbato: 08161261683 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org