- About UsInfo about FITC
- ProductsOur Solutions
- TrainingTraining Programmes
- ConsultingConsulting Services
- ResearchFITC Research
- Contact UsGet in Touch
About Us / Corporate Profile
FITC was established in 1981 as a Limited by Guarantte not for profit profit professional services organisation, based on the Company's Act of 1968. It was created in response to the recommendations of the Pius Okigbo Committee, which was set-up by the Federal Government of Nigeria in 1976, to review the Nigerian financial system. FITC's Institutional Members are members of the Nigerian Banker's Committee, comprises of the Central Bank of Nigeria, the Nigeria Deposit Insurance Corporation and all licensed banks in Nigeria.
The main objectives of the Firm are:
- To provide training, consulting and research services to the players in the financial services sector and related industries.
- To promote advancement in knowledge in the practice of banking, finance and related competencies by organising seminars, workshops, lectures, making publications that are considered desirable for promotion of its mandate.
- To advocate for and advancing knowledge and practice of good corporate governance in the financial services sector.
- To initiate, support and advise on legislations or other measures affecting related issues as listed in mandate.
- To explore opportunities for mutual cooperation with reputable institutions committed to similar objects.
- To print and publish any newsletters, periodicals, bulletins, books or leaflets that it may consider desirable for the promotion of its objects.
- To do all such things that are incidental or conducive to the attainment of the above objectives
In line with its mandate, the Firm regularly:
- Provides consulting support to its giving number of clients through the FITC consulting business unit. Major areas of Consulting support include organisation design, executive selection, test administration, organisation and staff assessments, leadership development, etc.
- Provides research and benchmarking services support through the FITC Research business unit, which also co-ordinates other knowledge management services such as library services and publications.
FITC is generally committed to a culture of excellence, as it strives to enhance standards in pursuit of its mandate and objectives.
FITC Training designs and delivers open courses, customised inplant courses and workshops in collaboration with both local and international subject-matter experts within and outside Nigeria.
FITC Consulting has over the years, built up a very reputable list of clients in the financial services and other sectors, by providing consulting support in areas related to strategy, people, systems platform definition, deployment and upgrade
FITC Research conducts researches aimed at improving the financial services sector, thereby finding solutions to some of the sectors issues, as they evolve. Also, FITC Research supports FITC with internal quality assesment, runs the rich Puis Okigbo library, and publishes books/journals in collaboration with various institutions and subject matter experts.